About Dean Dunham
Dean Dunham is an award-winning consumer lawyer and is widely regarded as one of the leading authorities on consumer rights and law. Consumers consider him to be one of the most trusted and familiar voices both on radio and in print on consumer law matters.
Dean has been a solicitor for 23 years, qualifying in May 2000 before subsequently qualifying as a solicitor-advocate, affording him higher rights of audience in both the civil and criminal courts. Dean was then called to the bar as a barrister.
Dean is also an accredited arbitrator with ‘Member’ status with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Dean has been awarded ‘Consumer Law, Lawyer of the Year 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. He has also been awarded ‘Solicitor-Advocate of the Year’ 2018 and 2019 and was included in the Thomson Reuters ‘Super Lawyers’ list.
Dean has advised major airlines, many of the biggest retail brands on the high street, blue chip/listed companies and high net worth individuals. Before turning most of his attention to consumer rights, he was the ‘go-to’ lawyer for many celebrities, including: actors, footballers, football managers, TV personalities and musicians.
Consumer Law Experience
Dean has had more experience than any other professional or expert in the field of consumer law. His experience/past work has included:
- Sitting as Chief Ombudsman of The Retail Ombudsman and Chief Adjudicator of RetailADR, overseeing thousands of retail complaints;
- Sitting as Chief Adjudicator of AviationADR, overseeing tens of thousands of flight delay and cancellation complaints;
- Sitting as arbitrator on more than 100 travel complaints for ABTA;
- Writing legal advices/submissions for the Competition and Markets Authority;
- Writing consumer law columns for the Reach Group (Sunday Mirror and Sunday People) for more than 10 years;
- Writing consumer law columns for the Express for four years;
- Answering consumer law questions and presenting a consumer law radio show for more than 10 years;
- Advising and representing numerous airlines and retailers on various consumer law matters; and
- Advising and representing consumers on various consumer law matters.